June 1, 2023
Senior living dining has been undergoing a significant transformation, and Arrow Senior Living is at the forefront of this change. Alyssa Bruns, Arrow Senior Living’s Managing Director of Culinary Operations, recently shared her insights on how senior living dining surpasses commercial restaurants in several ways.
Bruns, who was featured at the Synergy Conference, is a strong advocate for the joys of working in senior living dining. She continually recruits her friends to the industry, knowing there are misconceptions about it. Alyssa highlights five ways in which employment in senior living culinary surpasses working in commercial restaurants:
1. Work-life balance: Unlike the grueling 80-to-90-hour weeks common in commercial restaurants, senior living offers a more balanced schedule, often including weekends and holidays off.
2. Pay: According to Bruns, the pay rate for senior living is higher; it’s possible to earn more money working fewer hours.
3. Benefits: Senior living offers comprehensive benefits packages, a rarity in the commercial restaurant industry.
4. Growth opportunities: The current staffing crisis in senior living presents numerous opportunities for career advancement.
5. Creativity and quality: Senior living dining allows chefs to be creative and produce high-quality food while maintaining a better work-life balance.
At Arrow Senior Living, these advantages are evident in the company’s innovative dining program. Dining in Arrow restaurants is central to resident satisfaction and is often a primary reason why prospects choose to move into an Arrow community. The company offers an expansive menu of always-available options, plus daily specials, served all day long. This innovative program results in high-quality dining options with lower labor expenses.
Arrow restaurants also welcome guests to join residents for famous Sunday Brunches, Friday Happy Hours, holiday feasts, or anytime that is convenient. This open-door policy fosters a sense of community and enhances the dining experience for residents and their guests.
Saint Charles, Missouri-based Arrow Senior Living manages a portfolio of communities that offer varying levels of care, including independent living, assisted living, and memory care. Each and every senior living community supports residents by focusing on dignity, respect, and quality of life. The programs and amenities offered are selected to provide only the highest standard of quality and comfort.
February 23, 2024
As the global population ages, it will bring both opportunities and challenges for senior living. The projected number of Americans aged 65 and older is expected to double from 46 million to over 98 million by 2060. It will be the first time in history the number of older adults outnumbers children under age five. […]
February 16, 2024
On Arrow Nicely News for February 16, 2024: -Communities celebrate Valentine’s Day! -Arrow premieres a video about love in our communities, “Love Struck.” View here: https://youtu.be/rnHuLiH3Hs0 -Communities celebrate Chinese New Year! -Residents celebrate a Kansas City Super Bowl win! -Lenny’s short film, “Paradiso,” is going to be featured in a film festival in Cleveland, Ohio […]