From the first reports of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) entering the United States, Arrow Senior Living has been working to ensure that communities are prepared to respond diligently and appropriately. Our number one concern is the health and safety of our residents, staff, and guests.
Arrow communities have pulled together to address concerns in all service areas and have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are continuing to provide high-quality services to residents.
Use the Links below to jump to the section you are looking for
We understand that there are many questions, concerns, and objections to the COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more about the vaccine and have those questions answered here!
Please Review Our Temporary Outing Guidelines →
Now that the vaccines are being administered throughout Arrow communities, we are pleased to announce that re-opening policies will be taking effect!
Any community that has a 70% combined immunization rate among residents, with two weeks having passed since achievement of that inoculation rate, has been free of positive COVID-19 cases for 14 days, and is in a county in which the community is located is below a 10% positivity rate will be able to enjoy the following:
Arrow Senior Living leaders across the nation are posting updates on events, policies, control procedures, and more.
In The News
Several local news stations have covered Arrow community responses to the COVID-19 crisis. See all Arrow news stories here.
While answers are subject to change in the rapidly evolving situation, we wanted to provide a source for the most common questions we have received.
Arrow Senior Living is diligently monitoring local, state, and federal information sources as guidance and updates are released by Public Health authorities. We are coordinating our action as-needed and are holding standing coordination meetings with team members nationwide. All decisions are weighed carefully in an attempt to balance safety with least necessary restrictions. Where there is a lack of clarity as to the best decision we ordinarily favor actions taken from an overabundance of caution in an attempt to ensure that if we are erring it is on the side of caution so as to prevent the spread of infection to the degree possible.
At present, all residents and employees have had the opportunity to be vaccinated, with a majority of Arrow-managed properties averaging a 70 percent or higher immunization rate.
For Arrow-managed communities that are free of known positive COVID-19 cases and where the county is below a 10 percent positivity rate, restrictions have been lifted in the following ways:
- Dining rooms have reopened for residents and reservations for guest meals may be made.
- Group events and live entertainment is allowed within the community. Communities under the immunization rate or above the county positive rates are able to host outdoor entertainment.
- Group transportation for events and outings have resumed.
- Visitors are now allowed into the community for private, scheduled visits without time restrictions.
- The use of face masks is still required in all common areas. Social distancing between vaccinated residents and visitors is not required.
If a confirmed case were to occur:
If a confirmed case were to occur, we would continue to act in full compliance with current guidance as published by the CDC, state, and local health authorities. We would follow the guidelines of the CDC recommendations for confirmed cases in healthcare settings unless state or local guidance is more stringent; those guidelines include steps to minimize chances for exposure, adhering to personal protection protocols and managing visitor access.
- Additional in-house and professional cleaning/disinfection procedures
- Mandatory self-shelter and social distancing for positive residents
- Institute procedures for residents testing positive or presumed positive to limit exposure
- Memory Care residents receive daily temperature checks, increased guided hand hygiene, and social distancing efforts
- Regular updates through social media and personal communication as indicated.
- Informative letters sent and communication is increased.
Thank you to families for the extraordinarily positive response, communication, and warm wishes. There has been a welcome surge in closed Facebook group participation.
- Institute policy and training for personal protective equipment, with increased PPE requirements for non-vaccinated employees
- Ongoing and regular testing of employees, including increased testing for non-vaccinated employees or those working in a community with a positive case.
- Mandatory uniform cleaning procedures
- “Knock and Announce” procedures
- “Zone” staffing process
- Hiring “Universal Support Partner” positions
- Updating best practices and communicating changes daily
- Up-to-date screening policies
- Implement infection control precautions per local or state law or regulation
- Compliance across all communities with the most stringent health regulations that any of the states we operate in require
- Arrow’s clinical team is continually monitoring updates from:
- Center for Disease Control
- State public health authorities
- Local public health authorities
Community & Public
- Coronavirus website updates
- All visitors undergo health screenings before entering the community
- Community events have been rolled out and are constantly evolving to include a greater variety
- Residents are being encouraged to participate in events via Zoom
- Encouraging social distancing in all public spaces
- Check-in at the front door to undergo a health screening before entrance is permitted
- Communication of safety requirements and policies
- Limiting to only essential supplies
JOIN US FOR EVENTS
The COVID-19 social distancing has had a devastating effect on already limited social interaction for all of us – but seniors with already limited contact outside of home are especially effected. We want to extend an invitation to all residents, family members, and seniors in our neighborhoods to join us on our virtual events to help ease the isolation. Senior living may have great food, excellent services, and caring staff – but the real secret is having a supportive social community to participate in the joy of life and living!
Check out our event calendar and join us today!
LEARN HOW TO USE ZOOM
Visit our Zoom guide for information walking you through how to set up the service and more on the reasons we are using Zoom to connect residents for events and entertainment!
Electric Static Sprayer
Social Distanced Chairs
UV Light Wand
We are carefully monitoring CDC information and resources as well as local, county, state, and other federal sources. Below are CDC resources for your review to understand COVID-19 and the current steps being taken.